No one plans to get a computer virus, but sometimes we click on something or select a file to download that becomes our worst computer nightmare. TekStop Computer Repair, providing tech support and virus removal in Prescott, shares about computer viruses.
Here are some ways to tell if your computer is infected:
- Counterfeit antivirus programs suddenly pop up on your screen
- Your computer runs slower than normal
- A blue screen shows up with an error code
- Important files become corrupted
- Programs and applications run slowly or close unexpectedly
- You notice strange files or programs on your computer
- Install a reputable antivirus software program and keep it updated
- Don’t click on suspicious or unexpected email attachments
- Don’t start your computer with a thumb drive or other removable media in a port, especially if you are not 100% certain that you trust the source
- Double check the legitimacy of files you intend to download
- Be alert to virus hoaxes
If you suspect a virus
Immediately turn off your computer, and contact your local professional computer repair service to remove the virus and make sure that all of your files are intact.
While antivirus programs are highly effective, they are not failsafe. TekStop Computer Repair wants to help keep your computer virus-free and running at peak performance. For computer repair, computer setup, and virus removal in Prescott, contact TekStop Computer Repair at 928-583-4454.